Thread: UFC 74 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: UFC 74 thread

Long time lurker here but I'll give some of my thoughts...

[ QUOTE ]

Randy Couture +110
Gabriel Gonzaga -130

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see how Randy is going to win this. Although i hate betting against The Natural, he really has very little value to me at +110. He was extremely impressive against Sylvia but he now has to face someone who is a competant and agressive striker, as well as someone who will not just be looking for a tie up on the ground. I don't think there's any way that Randy wins unless Gabriel gets continually taken down and Randy wins a 5 round lay and pray decision, which I'm not sure is possible with Gabriel's JJ. I like Gonzaga early.

[ QUOTE ]
Georges St. Pierre -210
Josh Koscheck +190

[/ QUOTE ]

I like GSP in this fight but I'm not sure about the number. I think if I can get Kos at >+200, I'll have to book it. Although you have to think GSP will come out very strong in an effort to get a shot at his WW belt, you can't discredit Kos' wrestling. While I would be surprised if it happened, I could see Kos winning a 3 round lay and pray decision. Kos' strikes have improved to a point where he is no longer completely outmatched on the feet, which will be vital to him winning a 3 round decision. I'm still on the fence at the current number but depending on where the line moves, I will most likely be taking Kos.

That's it for now, I'll research a little more on the undercard but as of now I like Aurelio -115 and Hardonk +140.