View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
Alrite so I am having a little difficulty deciding how much too spend on my Girlfriends x-mas gifts. She works part time and is a student with heavy debt and is spending probably 250-350 on me.
I feel obligated to spend substantially more seeing as I make maybe 15-20x more then her. So my question Is how much more to both make it an equal gesture on my part without going overboard (ie 20 x 350).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to say it is not what you spend as much as it is about getting the gift she really wants, but there is some truth that if your gf spends 250 on you and you make more you should spend more. However I don't think it has to be exactly what you make more than her like a math equation lol. #1 make sure it is what she wanted or what she really really wants and then it won't matter as much what it exactly costs. I would say if you make a LOT more than her you should buy he something at least 4 to 5 times more so 1250+ and that should be good enough... then just consider what would make her happiest. If she likes jewelry that will be easy to spend. A really good gift would be a trip for the two of you to go on and it is like a gift for yourself too lol.