View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies. Since there's unanimity that I played the hand badly, I'll give you all the results. As it happened, the hand worked out perfectly for me, but I hated putting myself in such a difficult positon unnecessarily, and I don't want to be results-oriented.

Villain had KsJc, which meant that the flop bet was air, and his turn call of my reraise was to draw (getting 2.5 to 1 with zero implied odds )to a J high club flush. When he paired his K on the river, he made a big play at the pot. And I did call.

In my original post, I characterized this player as a LAG, but given what you know now about how he played the hand, did I describe him accurately enough? I did not play this hand the way I normally would almost entirely because of who I was playing against. In nearly every other situation I would indeed raise flop and fold river. I tend not to take unnecessary risks in my ususal 1/2 NL game because the play is so poor that straightforward play has been profitable, but this felt at the time to be an exceptional situation.

Someone posted that because this is a live game calling on the river is "close." I wonder how many more marginal calls for big bets some of you make in live games as opposed to online.