View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: November College Hoops

Michigan has looked ok in two wins against Radford and Brown. Sophomore Deshauwn Sims has been very impressive so far with 23 and 17pts respectively. He has adapted to Beilein's system well early on and is much improved from last year where his shot was abominable when given a chance to play. Last year's starting PG Jerrett Smith was out both games with an injury/suspension and the turnovers that were a staple of Amaker teams weren't there, 17.6% so far this season vs 23.1%, 22.3%, and 23.9% the last three years.

The team is very young with only two upper classmen that saw playing time last year, but there is a lot of talent in the young players and we should be 10 deep when healthy.

Thursday's game at Georgetown will be a huge test and I'm interested in watching the zone try to contain the Hibbert/Wallace/Summers combo.

Beilein has completely changed the atmosphere of the program and I no longer feel like I would be the better coach. They aren't a ncaa tournament team this year. Their ooc schedule is harsh (Georgetown, BC, Duke, UCLA, Butler, and possibly VT, Gonzaga, WKU in Alaska shootout) and a 7-5 record going into conference play would be considered a fair start imo.