Thread: IGN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
Day of the Tentacle is a very fun game, but I didn't know it was actually considered good. Anyone else ever play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually just finished it this week for the first time in like 13 years. It wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be (part of that though was that even after 13 years I remembered so much, so there was barely anything fresh or challenging), but I'm not going to complain about it being on the list. I much prefer Maniac Mansion (its prequel) and look back more fondly upon Sierra's adventure games than Lucasarts'.

FF games I probably say 7>4>1>6>8 of the ones I've played. I'm not as big a fan of 6 as most obviously. I feel like I should rate 8 higher; I came to the end of the game totally underpowered and wound up using FAQs to build up and get key items for about 20+ hours, but it was actually really fun doing that. If I had understood how you're really supposed to use the Junctioning system from the beginning it would have been more enjoyable.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see Doom in the high single digits - I wouldn't be surprised to see it anywhere between 7 and 60 in fact, no idea how they'll rank it.