View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Boxing Weekend of 10/5 - 10/7: Barreria v. Pacquiao

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you guys like MAB here. I expect another one-sided beating. Pacquiao is a better fighter now than he was in their first bout.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Pacman WILL win, I just said MAB is full of value. How often do you find such a great fighter at +300 while he is still only 33 (but there is a lot wear on MAB). +300 is nice number for a former champion who has beaten some of the best. MAB might have lost to Marquez, but the fact he fought him for 12 rounds so well goes to show everyone MAB is not washed up. Juan Manuel Marquez might be a top 10 p4p fighter. No shame in losing to him.

[ QUOTE ]
I could see Barrera possibly keeping it respectable early, but I don't see how he could go a hard 12 rounds with Manny. I expect him to fade down the stretch. Manny never lets up, and he has a great killer instinct, so he has a great chance for a stoppage.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, Barrera will hit him with counterpunches, but Manny will walk right through them. He's like a buzzsaw - he hits so hard, his hands are very fast

[/ QUOTE ]

All this could have said about MAB against Prince Naseem Hamed. Prince was this fighter with dynamite in both fists and people expected Prince to blow out MAB out of the ring. Mind you that fight was a few years ago and we can be sure MAB is not quiet the same fighter, but MAB has shown he can beat bigger punchers (also Morrales, Marquez and Kevin Kelly).

I think Pacman is on a tear right now, but do I consider him unbeatable? Hardly. Pacman's defense is always questionable. With his "buzzsaw" come forward attitude he neglects his defense to try and get his punches in. Watch the first Pacman/Morrales or Pacman/Marquez. Even a smaller Oscar Larios was landing on Pacman. It should also be noted Pacman has been involved in politics in the Phillipeans. This was a distraction in his last fight. It might just show that Pacman's mind is not 100% on boxing.

Just to clarify, I think Manny will win this fight, but if I was going to bet on this fight. I would lay a small amount on Barrera because he is laying a good price. If I wanted to win money I would bet on another fight this weekend (Peters/McCline OVER..see other post).

Tuds