View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Once a cheater always a cheater.........

Wacki,

I had never cheated on a girl until my last gf (not my current one). I guess you are asking for reasons and I hope they don't sound like excuses b/c there isn't any excuse for it. I shouldn't have been in the relationship but I was a coward and using this person as a security blanket. The relationship was long distance, I was out of the state for most of the year, either in college or then eventually playing professional baseball. When I got home she was at a school that wasn't where I lived. We saw each other but not that much.

I broke off the relationship for a few reasons. First, the relationship was [censored]. Secondly, I couldn't go on in a relationship of lies and knowing what had gone on. I needed a clean slate.

My current gf and I don't have any skeletons in the closet and what I felt like in the previous relationship is plenty enough to ever keep me from doing anything. On top of what I would feel like, I couldn't hurt my current gf whereas my previous one it didn't matter that much to me. I want my gf now to be happy and I want to treat her with the respect that she deserves (should have treated the previous one the same way...lesson learned). Now that I have learned this, I am happier and the relationship is smoother as well.