View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: The Well: Adanthar (1/16/07)

[ QUOTE ]
Do you regret going to law school? What would you have done if not law? Are you going to quit when you win a big tourney? Would you tell your kids to be lawyers? How similar is/was your life to Mike McDermott from Roudners?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't regret going to LS - actually, if nothing else, it's where I learned poker, met my wife, and did exactly what other people do in college, which is live in a frat house and sleep in till 12. Just going off those things, you can probably tell that I loved law school and would happily go back again for another 13 years or so. It's just that I had nothing to do with the whole 'law' and 'school' parts.

What I'd have done without law? I dunno...be miserable in a cubicle somewhere I guess. That's where I'd be *with* the law, though, and probably getting paid more. So, to answer your question, I'm happy that it turns out that people will sit at home and spend thousands of dollars at virtual card lessons, then not pay attention to them.

I'm probably, but not definitely, quitting to play full time/pursue investment opportunities sometime around this summer.

Mike McDermott is hotter than me, but probably also didn't cash in the World Series of Poker, so it roughly evens out.