View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Poker Pro: Almost always slow play top pair????

After looking at everyone's post it seems the majority feel I should bet out here, knowing that I'm going to get called. My thoughts were (following Hellmuth's book) that betting here give me information on where I stand. If a good player calls a pot size bet, I usual put him on top pair better kicker and he would prob never limp with 1010 or jj. He could have slow played Aces but not likely. If a chaser/calling station is calling he either has a draw or middle pair etc. At this table the players were calling 6 times the blinds raises with everything suited, 26Clubs, 310Diamonds, 25 offsuit, etc. I'm serious here guys.

As far as my loosing streak being 3 in a row. I play as my part-time job on the weekends and my friend plays everyday professionally. I seem to have a tight/aggressive style while he plays a little looser and limps in with garbage hands to "bust" someone. The only hands I limp in with are in late position and suited connectors, small pairs, and suited aces. He will be play 2 5 off on the button. I seem to bet and raise more and he will let players bet into him as he calls more. I'm thinking of adapting his style but I'm not for sure. He is also the best at reading tells that I've ever seen.