View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: OMG the Hoosiers are going to a bowl!

Yeah, me and my Dad would probably like it.
My Dad had golfed with Hep a few times and had a story of some handicap match-play tournament where my Dad won and Hep threw some big fit on the 17th hole when he missed a putt.

I didn't do much of the sideline announcing in my stretch there but I knew Hep for quite awhile even before that.

When Tim Rose was the head coach in 89 and then Randy Walker took over in 90 I was a student who shot the coach's film and traveled on the away games and defensive-coach Hep was pretty much the guy in charge of us camera-geeks.

I think pretty much everyone I knew who knew him liked that guy a ton. And you certainly couldn't say the same thing for any of the other coaches with football or any other sport.

For my gig shooting the coach's film....who cares about $6/hr and getting per-diem meal-money on the road? You mean I'm part of the team-travel for our games to MSU, LSU, etc?
Sign me up!!

My favorite Hep memory was being stuck on the 2nd bus of players lost somewhere in the middle of nowhere after a big loss at Central Michigan and Hep sitting in the front talking to the bus-driver and being all friendly to help the guy stay awake all the while looking REALLY intense and like he was about to strangle him with his own bare-hands for getting us so lost and so delayed.