View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: 10NL - 77 hits lower set on flop; 3 bets flop, but is raised

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grunch

imo: I fold pp's lower than 9s to a raise pf (excluding minraise on bb, usually), especially oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your thinking behind this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know as well. I've been playing 22-88 for set value if I'm getting 15:1 implied or more, then set or fold most of the time OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I limp pp's ep and low pp's mp and rarely call a pfr of 5bb b/c to me it's always been spew when 1/8 times you don't hit flop anyway.
Thinking on this? Might be a leak I need plugged

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much open-raise any PP in MP-LP. In EP I will usually fold 22-66/77 because I am not comfortable calling a reraise with those. But 88+ I'm still raising UTG and still just for set value for 88-TT. I know that I'm going to miss nearly every time, but those times that I hit I am going to get paid off pretty good due to implied odds.

At 10NL a 3bet is fairly rare as well and you can narrow villain's range WAY down. If I'm going to limp call a 4BB raise with 77, why not make that bet myself - this gives me momentum, disguises my hand, builds a pot for a potential big hand, and clears out garbage hands in the blinds in case no one else raises.

Edit: Sorry for the hijack, OP