View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: flopped top set...

[ QUOTE ]

I think you will make a good poster.
For what it's worth I agree with your assesment and think the hand was played well and a fold to the cap is the right play.

Though I would probably talk myself into calling the cap on the river in the heat of battle because I'm not good enough to lay down a set. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, thanks guys. I did call at the time, but on review a fold would be better.
[ QUOTE ]
So what were the SD numbers of this guy?

[/ QUOTE ] Checking now (and thinking I should probably add these numbers to PAHud...), they were Went to SD 35% and won @ SD 80%. Further suggesting I was beat.

[ QUOTE ]
35 also beats us.
If you look at the action 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may be played this way if BB is a bit of a crazy player. With 35 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] being more likely as it's an OESD on the flop. This is a possibility you must consider since BB hasn't raised on any street (just donkbet every street) till the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good read. How it went down:
River: (19.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 31.70 BB

Results:
BB has 5h 3h (straight, five high).
UTG+1 has Ad Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has Jd Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 31.70 BB.

Not entirely sure what BB was doing PF, and why UTG+1 capped turn but not flop...