View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

I had mine out when I was 32. I spent years 19-32 of my life dreading going to the dentist because he would tell me I needed my wisdom teeth out and the older I got, the more of an a-hole the dude would be about it so the more I dreaded hearing about it.

Then finally I found an oral surgeon I liked, and since I delivered his child I knew he would shoot straight with me. Obviously he told me I should have had them out years ago and that I was an idiot for waiting so long because now the overcrowding of my teeth was causing serious problems with my gums.

I went in on a Friday and he gave me some IV propofol. I slept and he yanked out all 4. I woke up, wrote "thank you" on a dry-erase board, filled my prescription for Vicodin and went straight from the dental clinic to Vegas with some friends. I poored Heinekens and Vicodin down my throat for 72 hours and didn't eat, chew on, or suck on anything because I didn't want to get the dreaded "dry sockets" everybody always talked about. It was a great weekend.

Days 4-7 sober at worked sucked. My mouth ached. On day 8 I went back to Vegas only this time I ate.

Overall I would rate the whole experience about a 3 on a 1-10 scale of suckiness. It was worse than a standard drunken trip to the emergency room but way better than a standard drunken trip to jail.

Irieguy