View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]

The "freedom to ride the subway, unfettered from any reasonable random search."

I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard that asserted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasonable? Says you.

[ QUOTE ]

But didn't several recent decisions uphold the right of habeas corpus for citizens, regardless if they were named "enemy combatants"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked what freedoms have been lost since 9/11. The US government held citizens for long periods of time without charges or trial. So yes, your cranium still appears to be extremely thick. The courts can say whatever they want. It doesn't erase those incidents from history. I also think it's clear that the current regime has no respect whatsoever for any sort of constitutional law or due practice, so a mere court decision really doesn't reassure me. Politicians are the masters of loopholes. Or else they will just ignore the decision, as they face no consequences for doing so. Did Rumsfeld go to prison after losing that case? Did he face any negative personal consequences?

[ QUOTE ]

Which American citizen did this happen too? I'd be interested in learning more about his/her plight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll up. Jesus Christ. Getting a trial after a [censored] year or whatever it was is not habeas corpus. It doesn't matter what the verdict was.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh..."The freedom to sell or possess illegal drugs."

I concede, that freedom has been "taken away".

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. The sad thing is I think you're serious.