Thread: From: degen
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 AM

Default From: degen

Thanks Matt.

If you could make a new thread and post it I would appreciate it.

On 4/24/07, msklansky@aol.com < msklansky@aol.com> wrote:
If you like, I will repost this email in the mod forum for opinions. That's all I'm willing to do. Let me know.

-----Original Message-----
To: mattysklansky@twoplustwo.com
Sent: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:16 PM
Subject: Degen Account

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if enough time has passed for you not to cringe at the sound of the name 'Degen'. If it has not, please let me know, I'll wait some more.

I would really like to be a part of the 2+2 community. Yes my name had economic value for me and I've put myself in a good business position through the community...but my desire to come back has nothing to do with that and is for far more unselfish and community based reasons.

I've met some of my best real life friends through 2+2 and have been able to take part in something truly amazing. That community truly is the top 1% intelectually speaking, economically speaking and in terms of where everybody will be in 10 years. Outside of my business dealings, I was a part of that, an important part to many.

Many people visit Thailand now on a regular basis in part because of me. Many others read my blog and see me as an inspiration to do more with the life that they have been provided thanks to poker. I also learn a great deal through the community in this regard.

I give you my word that if I am to come back I will not involve myself in anything having to do with self promotion or making money. I will not promote any of my websites through the site nor recruit anybody for any rakeback or business related venture.

I would like to be able to take part in discussions about travel, life, culture etc. My contributions to these types of discussions on 2+2 has gotten no flack to my knowledge.

I realize I've pissed off some mod's and have become a very polarizing character. I also know that I can avoid that and in time show these same people that I will hold true to my word and be a productive member of the community again while not doing the same things that in the past have ruffled some feathers. Namely:

-Spamming
-Self promotion
-Attacking other affiliates

If you take a look at my blog http://grindblog.blogspot.com you'll see that lately I have really moved toward a semi-retirement and basically just travel. I keep up my current customers but have stopped advertising for rakeback nearly altogether and one of my sites (rakereport.net) that got so much bad publicity is no longer even mine.

I hope you are well and this message was received with an open mind.

Cheers from Hawaii,

Bill