Thread: Wong Teasers
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Wong Teasers

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a question hopefully someone can help me with. Does anyone have or know of a place where data/statistics show Wong teasers are +EV? It is commonly accepted that they are but I've never been able to find actual statistical evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried reading his book, Sharp Sports Betting?

I prefer to use actual games independent of posted point spreads to approximate the value of point spreads, and given that the distribution is symmetrical with some numbers more valuable than others then there is indeed value if you cross the right numbers, so what I've found independently of posted point spreads matches up with what Wong describes in his book.

I plan on creating a teaser odds calculator just for this, but if you want to see what I'm talking about see my NFL point spread value calculator.

As an example, lets say you tease a -7 favorite down to -1. The favorites winning percentage is going to be close to 75%, so you can see the probability of covering -1 is roughly 74.43%. Find another like this and you've got a solid 2-team 6 point teaser that figures to beat -110.