View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Another \"who gets kicked in the nutz\"

[ QUOTE ]
how is the other guy angleshooting? he showed a pair and was too embarrassed to show the other card unless he really needed to

[/ QUOTE ]

He is playing in Indiana and you have to show both hole cards to be awarded the pot. I assume from the OP that the Villian is more experienced than the new guy so it is safe to assume the Villian knows he has to show both hole cards.

[ QUOTE ]
He flips them up (showing pocket queens FTW) and the opponent goes ballistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that goes ballistic and trys to get the best hand rulled dead at the showdown is an angleshooter. That is why the floor deserves a double with steel toed shoes becase he let the angleshooter prevail.

The floor has an obligation to do what is best for the game. Arbitrary rules aside, the floor's decision must be what is best for the game. No way letting this angleshooter prevail is good for the game so the floor in the OP is guilty of two infractions.

One, only a retard would believe that the dealer's hand is part of the muck, as a matter of fact, there is nothing magical about the muck that automatically kills a hand. If there is a mistake and the cards are easily retrievable, they can be pulled from the muck.

Two, the floor failed to rule in a manner that was best for the game. A floorperson can not allow angleshooters to prevail, it will ruin his cardroom and people will go play elsewhere.

Ps. The dealers at Caesar's IN won't turn your cards over for you (unless you have a disability or other unsual circumstance)and it has nothing to do with your hand being live or dead.