View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: NBC Heads-Up ratings data (as of April 29)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please stick to quoting ratings from other news sources.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you disagree with something Olivert posts, point it out, but don't try to silence him. He posts a lot of valuable stuff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, "Freekobe" has the right to be upset with me, as he works with Poker PROductions (Mori Eskandani's company) and he is much closer to the NBC situation than I am and he has much more information than I do.

Also, I personally WANT to see NBC pick up the option for Heads-Up in 2008, as that would mean more poker on TV in the U.S. and more work for Mori, "freekobe", and co.

However, looking at both ratings performance (down about 20% year-to-year) and the business environment of TV poker in the U.S. (no more online poker "school" TV ads from anyone else besides FullTiltPoker.net), I notice 2 reasons for concern.

If my analysis and my subsequent concert were completely off base, then I will need to apologize to Mori and "freekobe" directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand why a poker programs should have to rely on advertising from online poker sites, as opposed to the companies that normally advertise on typical sports programming. Are these companies unwilling to advertise on gambling shows for some moral reason? It seems like relying on poker specific-ads would be a crutch to mainstream acceptance that televised poker would be glad to get rid of.