View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: chuck liddel VS wanderlei silva, who wins and how will the line op

[ QUOTE ]
unless chuck is considering a more flexible strategy, more than just waiting for a counter, he doesn't have a chance at winning this one. he stood in front of jardine and got kicked to death. either his corner did not have an answer for this or he was being stubborn.

correct me if i am wrong, hasn't he been training with the same dude for years? if true maybe it is time for a change in trainers/preperation for fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

chuck has actually said that he trains EXACTLY the same for every fight. Doesn't change a thing from one opponent to the next. Not even his gameplan heading into the fight.

it was fine when he was fighting a bunch of grapplers back to back to back to back, but as soon as he had a couple 'strikers' put in front of him, he crumbled.

The only thing keeping me from putting a large bet on wandy is the fact that this is his first fight back in the ufc. A lot of the pride guys have been having a hard time making the transition, and wandy is rumored to have been on steroids when he fought in japan. Just rumors, but still.. looking at the performances of some of the other pride guys coming to the ufc, i can't help but wonder. On the other hand, wandy has actually fought in the UFC, albeit 7 years ago. so /shrug~

i wish the ufc had given wandy a tune-up fight before chuck, but i still think silva is a damn good bet as any kind of an underdog.