View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Trading Dow Futures.. Is my system +EV?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The end of the day is when all the daytraders exit their positions. This phenomena causes there to be increased volume/volatility in the last 20ish minutes of the market day. For good traders, volatility = profit, so often this is a good thing. Some days though the day's ending is very range bound, so this is not always the case.

Your "system" makes two assumptions, one of which is completely valid, one of which isn't.

1) There is increased volatility in the last 30 minutes of the market day, and volatility is easier to profit from

2) A beginner will always know which direction to pick, how to handle their position, and that this will be easy money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You replied to me in the header.....but I am assuming you are talking about the OP's system... being a BEGINNER ,with your 2nd comment regarding "easy" profits at the close....as I NEVER said or implied any such potential results?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I clicked the quote button on OPs post. Don't know why it defaulted to your name - probably b/c you're the last poster. I am talking about OPs system, specifically [ QUOTE ]
it said how half hour before the close the market tends to pick a direction and go with it

[/ QUOTE ] which seems to imply some sort of intuition rather than objectivity. He didn't mention how he determines that direction - just that it's there, and somehow you are supposed to find it and "go" with it.