View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: [5/10] Three hands from my comeback session

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) I'm not sure about the turn, but as played I'd value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather check behind the turn and call most rivers? Hmm I don't know, I think he calls the flop pretty light after me restealing in the BB and getting 7-1 on the flop. Also there are a lot of scary cards on the river where we would have to call a bet anyway after checking behind on the turn. The river jack is actually one of the "few" cards that couldn't have helped him (unless he holds Jx of diamonds).

Admittedly though, I allow him to checkraise when betting the turn which this guy could very well do and that would probably be a fold for us but it wouldn't feel super-good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what's best on the turn, but we can't fold if raised with our 6 outs, and once we make it to the river I'm gonna feel obliged to throw a bet in getting like 9 to 1.

Without much of a read it's tough to figure out if they're the type to wait with Kx or if they'll just check/raise the flop. I'd expect him to check/raise any pair or draw on the flop really, but I sort of expect him to wait more with Kx. He's also peeling the flop with ace high and worse pocket pairs and possibly undercards, but does he have these and calldown both streets often enough to risk having to put in 3 bets when behind? If you're gonna check the river I think I like checking behind the turn. If you can valuebet both streets and expect to get called reasonably often by stuff like ace high, I like betting the turn.

With the limited read I'd play it like you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand. Thanks for the input!

BTW, I missed that I had a gutshot on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]