View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can say is I hope that this will now make the federal and state governments(all states that haven't legalized poker) take a long look at legalizing cardrooms for the safety of everyone who plays in underground cardrooms. Is there anyway we (we being the PPA) can begin to lobby states such as NY to legalize cardrooms? This is just becoming absolutely ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mean to derail this thread but anyone who still thinks the PPA is representing PLAYERS needs a wake up call. The PPA is an organization representing online poker rooms the largest affiliates, their agenda is to make online poker legal provided the online rooms that are funding the PPA through our dollars can remain in business in the US. The PPA is not concerned about legalizing poker in NY, they wont do a thing - this is why we really need another organization to step up to the plate, one clear of any improper funding. The PPA will have little direct affect on congress once congress figures out how they are funded - its a sad state we are in [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, the purpose of the PPA is to put a lobby group in Washington that will legalize the transactions of online gaming but eventually that will happen. Will the PPA then just dissolve itself? Or will it try and lobby for other changes that would benefit poker players? Are there any other organizations that are out there currently that are lobbying?