View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: ship the 5.5k

Re-visited the 20 game Sunday after playing 9-18 for a while.

The people who were making the game good have left, and now it pretty much sucks. Too many aggros who are relatively tight. Solid, aggressive, possible 2+2er at the other end of the table is raising my blind at will and my usual 83o is powerless to resist.

Another probable 2+2er sits to my left. He's a young azn who has been visiting from NJ for the past month. (I'm out of touch, maybe everyone knows who this is.) He's talking a lot and it annoys the older guy two-to-my-right, who is one of the two reasons I'm still at the table. The older guy seems like one of those typical, "I've been playing poker since before you were born... I've forgotten more than you'll ever know about poker" kind of guys. He's too loose, will stab at many unclaimed pots, and loves him some fancy plays.

After one early limper, OG limps in the CO. SB does whatever and I check with 65 in the BB.

Flop is 532 with two spades. I bet, 1 fold, OG raises, I call.

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check/call.

River is a blank. I check, OG bets in rhythm. I think for about two seconds and quietly say "you missed" and call. He turns over Ks8s and I feel like a hero.

The night turns sour from there. YAP and another tight, boring player leave and are replaced by some LAGs so I stay. I proceed to lose three racks over the next hour with a bunch of second-best hands. QQ and JJ run into AA three times, rivered straight loses to rivered flush, etc...

I've obliterated my bankroll and am going to take some time off because I've come to hate poker. I guess seven consecutive sessions where I lose a frickin minimum of 35BB will do that. Eight sessions ago I won 48BB, but c'mon... seven times in a row I get my ass kicked for 2.5 to 5 racks?

So anyway, I'm looking for some advice: After another frustrating session where you tread water for hours then the floor drops out from under you, do you find it best to go back to your car and cry uncontrollably, or sob gently while rocking back and forth?