View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Poll: best way to determine NCAA Div I Football National Champion?

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I hate the BCS is, that in the best possible situation (clear cut #1 and #2), then it "works fine". However, it isn't needed in this case. Who needs the computers to tell you who the obvious #1 and #2 are? In all other situations, especially this year, it's up for debate.

There should be drastic changes, every "major" conference needs a championship game. So get more teams in the Big East and Big 10 and get everyone a championship game. The winners of those get auto bid to the playoff. This completely smashes the lame argument that the regular season is so meaningful now and would be ruined by a playoff. Last I checked, NCAAB regular season is still important and intense. Teams chasing a playoff spot in fb would want to win every game obviously. There would still be rivalries. I'm not sure how people can make the "regular season would be diminished with a playoff" argument.

Every game isn't ultra-important, just because a team loses early and it knocks them out of the BCS #1 race doesn't make every other game meaningless. Michigan lost 2 to start the year, and still played hard and won 8 in a row, this is why a playoff would be great, teams who start slow but finish well could and should be considered championship contenders. Also teams need to stop playing Divison 2 teams, it's a huge waste of time, either the team wins easily or they somehow lose and are just humiliated.

Sort of reminds me of the whole "Tim Tebow shouldn't win the Heisman, he's only a Soph." argument I sometimes hear. Why does age or class even have a factor in this? If no one that young has won it before, maybe they weren't mature enough to take on tough college competition. Tebow has been all season and deserves the award. I think him being a Soph actually should help his cause, but I haven't heard anyone say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING