View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: things you enjoy doing alone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just much more social than the average 2p2er, but I find myself disagreeing with most of these.

A few that really stand out to me: drinking and smoking pot? C'mon, you guys can't be serious with this one. It's sometimes nice to sit back and relax on the balcony with a glass of wine. But 99% of the time, I prefer to enjoy drinks or a bowl with a group of good friends.

Another strange one, IMO: Eating dinner alone. Huh? Whenever I eat out alone, I always feel awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you feel awkward eating alone? what imaginary judgements, do you think are being cast upon you? and if they are real, what do you care what complete strangers think.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand. I don't care about the judgement of the other patrons in the restaurant. Instead, I would simply feel awkward sitting at a table alone, doing nothing and starring at the voided space in front of me. Call me crazy, but it just seems weird.

Some posters said they read a book at the table, but this seems awkward too. It seems hard reading a book and eating at the same time, right? I just don't see the benefit of eating alone at a nice restaurant.

[ QUOTE ]
also, as for pot smoking, i like doign this alone, cause i really dont' like hanging out with stoners. mostly cause they have stupid stoner epiphanies, and after a few times, you realize it's the same boring [censored] all stoners come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point, especially if you have stupid hippy stoner friends. Once again, I might be in the minority here, but I'm lucky enough to have chill friends who don't pull that typical Cheech and Chong retardation every time they get high.