View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: I just lost my virginity

[ QUOTE ]
It was also surprisingly tiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had multi-tabled hundreds of online tournaments before my first live one, and I found it very tiring, too. You're so constantly having to count your chips and then calculate how much is in the starting pot, then divide it out to get your M; and then when you do get into a pot, you have to calculate all kinds of stuff in your head that is given to you online. It will wear you out.

[ QUOTE ]
- A4o on BB, called min-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just fold. You're gonna have to play a hand out of position that is very difficult to play out of position if you do happen to hit your ace. Unless you are very deep, just fold to the minraise.

[ QUOTE ]
AQo UTG. Raised 3xBB, got one caller (big stack on BB). We checked it down on rags,

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I'd say to continuation bet the flop, but you had a read, and you went with it, and I can't fault you for that. I have done the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Q6o on SB and I call, BB called (or he min-raised and I called).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really best to raise or fold when it's folded to you in the SB. You volunteered to play a weak hand out of position here.
[ QUOTE ]
22 on button. Two others on a flop 26J with two spades. Thinking of taking the pot with good bet or re-raising a bet or bet-call.
first player goes all-in (this is the one who liked to do that on flush draw), thinking of calling him but 2nd player (the big stack to my right) calls,
so now I think someone possibly has higher trips and folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not just being results-oriented here: you need to put your chips in there Phil Hellmuth style on this one. People will go broke with all kinds of [censored] less than trips here. Flopped sets are going to be probably your most profitable hands in your poker career, so don't fold them.

[ QUOTE ]
- ATs in mid-position with a raiser and caller, I folded after some thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the right play.

[ QUOTE ]
I had 4 hands before being caught by BB, with 2.5 times the blinds I was going to go all-in with any Ax, pair or K-medium card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd expand that to any suited connectors, one-gappers, 2-gappers, anything with both cards higher than ten. Practically anything that isn't horrible.

It's hard to tell for sure, but it sounds like you probably don't open shove loosely enough when your M is around 5. This move works way better live than online, as people don't realize what a wide range you are doing it with, or don't want to gamble.

You are on the right track. Keep having fun.