View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]

To me it doesn't really matter if he's been honorable most of the time all that matters is the one or two times he welched... geez making this guy plead in an internet forum for a measly $200 and on top of that making a deal to buy a business, then backing off for 40 days and saying "oops sorry", man that is so sick and unethical. He's obviously guilty considering he resorts to "Whatever, you guys say what you want to say, I know the truth."

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point. Offering up my personal experience of Kyle and my own opinion of his credit in the community does not directly address what caused this thread.

It should be viewed as simply more evidence of why this approach to the problem seems imprudent and unnecessary to those who know Kyle. Any benefit this type of public scourging gives to the micro-limit prop better who rightfully wants to get his due could have probably been obtained successfully without potentially damaging attacks on a fellow member of the community. Also, I find it a little bizarre that the poster was given a clear (and very wise in my opinion) time-line by the forum mod which he violated with impunity. I know it is the aim of the mods to keep this kind of personal financial business out of the forums for legal reasons. If the mod here set up a strict timeline he felt ameliorates the unnecessary train-wreck factor and he was disrespected by the making of this thread--why was it not immediately pulled?

There was a time where I would have been fine with this approach to alleged welching but after clocking 4 years in this business dealing with this kind of stuff day in and day out, this kind of behavior in this thread just strikes me as immature, pointless, damaging and counter-productive.

In the sports betting world for example, the books, sharps and syndicates use mediation and established industry watchdogs to facilitate the resolution of disputes quietly. Only once things reach a certain level does the public lambasting begin. There are sound reasons for this. LOL all the [censored] you want. Adanathar was trying to create our own version of that by his directive because he clearly has a clue.