View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Nutrition Questions and Dietary Fads

They tell our soldiers in Iraq that if their urine isn't clear they're on their way to dehydration. I'm sure they have to be very diligent with the heat.

Personally, I'm a human sponge. I fill up my glass with ice water first thing when I get up, last thing before I go to bed, and all day in between. A friend even once had a dream about me chugging gallons of water.

Fish Oil is the one supplement that my doctor recommended I take daily, so I do. In fact, Omega 3 is supposed to be the next big food supplement marketed in everything we buy at the grocery store.

I'm not big into vitamins, (though I did just start taking a daily this past year), or antioxidants, but I know that the Mayo clinic has found that ALA, (Alpha Lipoic Acid), can reverse the symptoms of diabetic nueropathy.

To my knowledge we don't have a med that can do this, (only those that help control the symptoms). Reports I've read from people who have taken ALA say you have to get your blood sugar under control first, then the ALA helps. They've been using it intravenously in Europe for a while. Here you can buy pills over the counter.