View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: schmuck boy right but for the wrong reasons

[ QUOTE ]
Now to address the backup BBJ, that changes nothing as long as you are still able to win it someday, it is not like it went down a blackhole or something. In fact this is preferable since it would be more frustrating to win a BBJ reset to $1000 seeded with all house money than one reset to $60K seeded by the BBJ drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

From EV you are completely correct. I am looking at the health of the game. I would prefer that the money stay spread out rather than being won all at once so I can continue to rake it instead of it sitting in a cage someplace. From the card room perspective it is simply a matter of figuring out {loss rake from money being in the jackpot hole} vs. {added business from having a jackpot}. That is very difficult to figure out because there are players that play for jackpots that will give you more games, but lower the per table.

edit to add: A jackpot is clearly +EV to the player if he plays in a market that allows him to pick a big jackpot to play for or alternatively only plays when the JP is big.