View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Odds & Connectors

You didn't say if you were playing limit or no limit. I'll leave out the math and give you the general idea.

In LHE, only play a hand like this in a multi-limped pot from position. You probably want to have 3-4 other people in the pot with you. (Don't see this much in 6-way action)

In NLHE, I would still only play this from position, but now I'm just looking to see a cheap flop. Unlike limit where expressed odds (what the pot is offering you now) dominates your decision, NLHE is about implied odds. If I pick up something like this and the stacks are large or very large relative to the blinds (or the bet size if it has been raised), I'm more likely to play, because the payday can be very large if I can get the other guy to commit his stack.

Also, be careful about how you play your draw on the flop if you are open-ended. If there are 2 suited cards, you only have 6 clean outs, not 8. If there are 3, just run away.

In either case, unsuited connectors are a pretty weak hand and you only want to play them when you think you can take a large pot