View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Roulette is stupid!

So I was asked a number of weeks ago about what my biggest leak in poker was and without hesitation I said roulette. I love the stupid game and yet I can’t remember the last time I had a winning session. I realize that this is a –ev game just like all the others in the pits but she consistently calls me from afar and more often than not I blow all my profits.

I was playing an ultra juicy $2-$5NL game about a month ago and ended my session up a substantial amount and then proceeded to go on a 23 hour roulette tear. Not only did I lose all my profits but I lost my whole roll. I would imagine someone out there can relate to this but god did I feel horrible. Just by luck I was able to get a room, get an ok’s night sleep and borrow $500 from a friend for a buy in for the next day. I had an unbelievable session and recovered a small portion of my previous nights loses which made me feel a little better.

Over the last month I have little to show from poker despite winning 11 of 13 sessions. Let me also say that my winnings far exceed my losses on any given day. I guess I’m really in a quandary that a lot of people have been in and I really am not sure what to do. I’d play online to stay away from the pits but I’m a fish online plus like a lot of other noobs and nits I have the feeling that it may be fixed. Runner, runner can only happen so many times.

Does anyone have any advice or experience staying away from the pits?