View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 150/300 stud hi/lo reg simple peel question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You think the 8 upcard will find a hand to play 45% of the time?

I do. An 8 up-card is stronger in any-any than it is in eight-or-better because of its ambiguity about direction (hi or lo). In 3-handed any-any, an 8 in the door is second in power only to an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually doubt that you will get called/raised 45% of the time here.

IIRC from when I made some calculations for razz distributions, the median low hand like J7 in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the comparison to razz will take us very far. There are 1755 distinct stud hands and 379 of them contain an 8. For hi-lo, of these 379 I think we'll find the median hand more like JJ8 with a suit, which I think will be played in a 150/300 any-any game. A 987 w/ a suit is in the same neighborhood, and three-handed is a viable hand both ways.

But, as I said before, I think these situations are more about boards than showdown equity.

I think that I have an any-any calculator/simulator sitting on some old hard drive. I can look for it and run some hands if anyone's interested. I find 3-handed hi-lo an interesting game, but hardly ever get to play it and I'm not sure that everyone shares my fascination. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]