View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Speculation on X360 price cut

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Microsoft makes Halo 3, only available on X360...Rockstar makes GTA IV, it is available on both PS3 and X360...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's Rockstar's advertising budget to spend. Microsoft needs to sell consoles and their games and hope their 3rd parties hype their stuff, too. Microsoft's efforts toward marketing GTA on the 360 was likely to push them to include exclusive content to make the 360 version more desirable.

Also, wait till closer to release of GTA. Ads will be everywhere. The last 2 games had a ton of ads.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you guys are missing the point or simply glossing over it. Software sales are not the issue here, or at least not directly. GTA will be a system seller for one of these two companies. It's not really Rockstar's responsibility to make sure that people buy a 360 to play the definitive version. I'm sure they're just as happy if people play the PS3 version. Microsoft paid a lot of money to have exclusive content and they really should be pushing this information out to the mainstream, and E3 is pretty much the ultimate opportunity to reach that audience.

But yes, there is obviously still time to do this. It just seems a bit curious to me is all.