View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Pope blames atheism for all the worlds problems.

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn’t realized he was so well published. I was responding to his post which I assumed from the context that it was based on this thread. Had he wished the reader to know that his one sentence referenced his own history as well as the Pope’s, perhaps he should have made that clearer.

And if folk want to base their opinion of a 76 page text from an AP news article I have no problem with that. If you (and he) are basing your opinions on prior information that is fine. It does no good, though, to give such opinions as presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing my point. I was being sarcastic. You're perfectly justified in talking about valen's post, because you don't need to know his whole posting history to evaluate what he says. You can discuss each individual post on its own. And if he says something stupid or horrible, then you can call him on it, even if you aren't an expert on his 2p2 history.

Similarly, we're discussing the quotes posted in this thread and in the article. We can do so without knowing anything about the Pope. Calling him an idiot based on one blurb might be a little extreme, but we can discuss that blurb all we care to without needing to read the rest, and we can use it as a clue of the Pope's general position on atheism and atheists.