View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

[ QUOTE ]
The epilogue closed the door on "More Harry!" type stuff. I liked it for that purpose, it brought finality both internally and externally.

I really enjoyed the book, and never felt it was slow at any time. I think a "happy ending" was appropriate, although ending it with Harry's sacrifice would have been pretty impressive. Still, I think Harry sacrificing himself was pretty cool. It worked, it worked very well.

One of my ways to judge a book's greatness is how badly when I finish I wish I could go back and reread it all over again for the first time. I definitely feel this way today. I do get to sorta enjoy it all over again though as my 10 year old daughter is working her way through it. This whole series has been a really cool bonding thing with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda odd you mention how badly you want to re-read it. After the first 6 HP's and many other great books, I'll be upset that I never get to read it for a first time again. But throughout this book I just kinda wanted to get it over with. Not sure what happened.