View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: He who smelt it dealt it.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Justin West at pokerpages so mad about the accusations...he keeps blogging to stop the rumors with some insane logic ( some anonymous source at ultimatebet said it wasnt possible to have a super user...uhhh who cares, UB isnt in question...why the push...is AP paying him to calm the waters?...is he graycat??? ok i know he isnt but this is a gossip forum right??
http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php...ew&id=2606

[/ QUOTE ]

Without actually reading his blog, my guess is (and I have known Justin for over a year) that his reasoning is two-fold. One...it's SOMETHING to write about. Poker writers are always in need of fresh ideas and this is yet another topic he can write about. And two...if he has to take a stance (which is his style) he is going to defend AP for the simple reason that he is defending online poker in the process. I don't have the numbers, nor have I ever, but I'm pretty sure that a "significant" amount of Pokerpages' revenue comes from their online room. To suggest that AP may have been rigged calls all rooms (including theirs) into question. Thus it seems his seemingly "adamant" view is merely self preservation....but keep in mind, I didn't read the blog.