View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: basic 2-4 hand, raised on river

I do consider AAxx, KJxx, or AKxx as air. If he had a hand like that he is going to keep the pot as small as possible and just call your bet (if he thinks he has the best hand). He isn't going to raise you with that crap for value. The only reason he would raise is he either has a full house for value or he has nothing and wants you to fold.

I call this villian's river raise. I think this just reeks of a bluff now that I think about it (i incorrectly thought this was a checkraise in my earlier post). If he has KKxx or TTxx he is betting the flop to protect himself against a straight (almost any good aggressive opponent would not give free cards with this flop). Because he 3-bet preflop- I would not give him credit for having a 6.

Really the only hand I'm afraid of is JJxx (maybe K6xx). I think I make a crying call here because I want to send a message that I'm willing to gamble with this villian. I do expect the villian to have a full house here sometimes, but the fact he got caught in a bluff earlier tells me he is capable of making moves.