View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Anyone interested in a Heads-up League? (NLTRN)

[ QUOTE ]
I've been kicking around this idea of a heads-up league. The way I envision it; I'd like to get at least 20 people and we'd have a specific night of the week where we meet up at private HU tournments at stars for a minimal buy-in... I would divide the participants of the league into divisions and generate an 8 week schedule where you play a 3 game series against a different opponent each week.... at the end of the 8 weeks, a certain number of players would qualify for a league championship tournament...

This seems like it would be a fun way to find out who the best players are in the forum, and sharpen our skills, I've been the commissioner of a fantasy football league for 6 years, so I envision running this league in a similar fasion, we'd have a website dedicated to the league where we could see results, hand histories, and talk smack in a league forum....

Would anybody be interested in anything like this? Let me know... if there's enough interest I may just get the ball rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome idea. I'd like to see this happen. Only request from my end would be that "playoff" series are at least 5 games, 7 being even better. Now that I think about it, if you compare HU to pro sports leagues, the win percentage distribution over say 82 or 162 HU matches is probably pretty similar to that of a pro sports league.

Anyone have experience playing a long series of HU matches vs. 1 opponent?