View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: BR management issues

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanting any advice about building a BR. Any suggestions or ideas would be nice. I prefer limit games 3-6 & 5-10 but would like to work my way to the 20-40 or 30-60 games around my area. Besides just when i'm comfortable also any suggestions of when "BR wise" to move up in limits. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live or online? Check out the micro stakes limit forum faq thats where I found this:

What is an appropriate bankroll for the stake X/Y?
Poker is not a game of predictable expectations. A winning player will have their losing days, weeks, and sometimes months. Your bankroll must be sufficiently large to survive these wild rides. A bankroll of 300 Big Bets is the standard recommendation. If you are playing $1/$2, you should have $600 available in your bankroll. If this bankroll cannot be replenished, then you should often have more than 300 BB's available for your current stake. You can certainly take shots at a limit with less than 300 BB's, but be prepared to drop down if you hit a downswing. If you are playing 6-max tables, you will need an even larger bankroll to survive the higher variance.