View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: BRAG: I made a prop bet with durrr.

30 lbs in 3 months is 2.5 lbs a week. It's certainly doable with a good diet and plenty of exercise. I went from 303 to 273 between June 6th and September 6th of this year. A far stretch from the 225 I was 4 years ago when I graduated from highschool, but I'm getting back slowly but surely.

My eating regiment is pretty straight forward. For breakfast I eat 2 Egg Beaters, 1 Egg, 2 Pieces Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread, 3 pieces Extra-Lean Turkey Bacon, 1 Banana, and 8 oz. Orange Juice. About 3 hours later I'll eat a Turkey Sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat Bread with lean, deli-cut turkey breast meat), as well as some fruit and a bottle of water. After my workout I eat a tuna sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat bread, one can Sunkist Low-Sodium Tuna in Water), some more fruit (A few slices of cantaloupe, strawberries, a banana, whatever is around) and drink more water. My last meal of the day is generally skinless, boneless chicken breast, rice, more fruit, and some more water. I generally eat two snacks a day as well. I bought some low-calorie snacks from 24 Hr. Fitness that only have about 110-130 Caloires in them and they hold me over till the next meal.

My workout regiment is pretty tough. I do cardio 6 days a week, and I workout 3 days a week. My cardio Monday-Wednesday is about an hour and a half of full court basketball. When I weighed 303 I couldn't do this, so I started on the exercise bike, moved to the eliptical machine, and finally the basketbal court. Playing basketball burns a ton of calories and despite being overweight I'm still an exceptional athlete (I'm 6'0" and can grab the rim, and hit the 3 with consistancy. I also was recruited to play D-I Football coming out of HS). Thursday-Saturday I'm getting a bit worn down so I just do 40 minutes on the eliptical machine. It's still good for 600ish calories though.

I also workout with a personal trainer on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. We do about 20 minutes of "Core" exercises each day. On Tuesday we do upper body (Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Arms), Tuesday we do lower body (Legs and Glutes), and Saturday is a total body workout. By the time Saturday rolls around I'm pretty drained and can feel the soreness pretty heavily, especially in my legs, hips, and glutes.

Sunday I lay in my comfy-ass chair and watch football for 12 hours, and by the time Monday rolls around I'm fully rested and ready to get after it again.

This kinda turned into a brag-post, but whatever. It can be done, and you'll feel and look SO much better 30 lbs lighter.

EDIT: Also, take a performance multi-vitamin and make sure to get plenty of rest. They will make a HUGE difference!