View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: my last post about this ever i promise.

i quit my job as a lawyer 18 months ago to play poker. i really feel like i made the right decision. even though i went to law school for five years and spent two years working, i found my line of work excruciating and i pretty much hated life.

i am definitely burning bridges in the sense that my legal career is going to be pretty much dead in a few years. but one difference between me and you i guess is that i was a really lazy student, and i found the work so boring that i was lazy at my job too and likely would have been a very modest achiever in the legal world if i stuck with it, so i dont really think i was giving up as much in terms of potential earnings.

from a quality of life perspective there is no comparison. i still wake up and laugh at how good ive got it. getting paid 20k a month to play a game and pretty much do whatever i want. it really is a fairytale existence for me.

at the end of the day though its up to you. some ppl are better suited to play poker full time, and others just arent cut out for it and would be much better suited to a regular job. gl whichever way you choose to go.