View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Student loans for drinking money

Alright I've done some research into student loans because I want extra money without working for it right now. This money would purely be for drinking/my entertainment. My parents cannot know about it. I was thinking about about $5,000 for my last year and a half in school. The payment for that would be like $90/month for 7 years after I graduate, so nothing basically. Anything I don't spend by graduation would just go right back into it.

I have about $300k in assets so I really doubt I would need a co-signer, but all that money is managed by my Dad and asking for that much for drinking wouldn't be good. I see this as a way to have an absolute kickass time for the rest of college with very minimal downside after graduation (small monthly payment). Anyone ever done anything like this? Any advice on places to look? Think 5k is too much/little? I've never had a loan of any kind and have only had a credit history for about 5 months now, would I still get rejected even with all the money to my name? Any thoughts or answers would be good.