View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: OT: The fallacy of the Lederer argument regarding sng\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would counter the OP's argument by suggesting what other form of poker could better adequately prepare a poker player for dealing with a final table scenario in an MTT.

I would sure as hell rather be bigjoe2003 than someone like aba20 or jason strasser if i were to be reaching a final table at the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

id put my money on strasser, and if you knew what you were talking about, you would too.

strasser was one of the top sng players a few years ago, and has won $100K+ final tables.

im thinking you didnt know that, even though I would think you would. If you do know all that, than your statement makes little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Lacky's right, Strassa is a vv easy pick here.

Oh, and he cashed ~300k alone (i think) at last years WCOOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed strasser is a pretty sick pick among those 3, though id be hard pressed to not take a piece of aba and/or bigjoe either....

OP,

as has been touched on, youre looking at ICM pretty narrowly in the context that we apply it to the standard 9 man payout structure. There are people on this forum alone that apply ICM different with he 6 man 65/35 structure that use it differently because the 6 man sng dynamic is pretty different than the 9 man (beyond the payouts as well, the dynamic of mid stack shorthanded play is much different than in 9 mans). as with mtts, it simply applies differently with prize jump implications (coming down to reads as close as "how does THIS player value the next payout jump?" could be the decisiion to push ATC vs like 50% in a given situation), and yeah....very different games but ICM can be applied to both.