View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: brag: car finally arrived

[ QUOTE ]
Pete,

Compounded interest is fun. Saving $35k on the purchase here would easily top $100k real by the time jfish is much older.

I am also a really big nit when it comes to spending money on certain things. Unfortunately, most poker players aren't a big enough of one. Makes me tend to come down harder on guys who used to be like I was with no idea wtf a SEP is or how screwed they are going to be later in life. Jfish is probably fine as he makes a decent clip, hence the reason I didn't come down on him and only started expanding more on my thoughts when provoked.

person who thinks I'm jealous,

I used to be like this... hardly something I like to brag about. Not that it is entirely relevant, but I'm fairly sure I make almost the same or more than jfish so it's not his poker success that I'd be jealous of.

jfish,

congrats on the purchase you seem to be enjoying. Personally not for me until I'm older, but to each their own. I'm sure you are savings plenty for the future and it was more the people who I'm sure aren't that my comments were directed at.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should also be noted that people who will sustain a certain income level will be able to retire in a reasonable time frame despite this kind of purchase. If you make 700k over your poker career and drop 63k on a car that is one thing, but if someone is going to average 150-250k a year or more, this really isn't a big deal unless you want to retire at 40. (Which i really don't think would be fun btw, people always need something to do before they go out of their minds)

Anyway you also make some good points, but I would ask why you don't just make a post like this last one instead of having your first post be "beat." SEP's are awesome, i agree with that part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]