View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Ask Misfire anything about the LSAT/Law School Admissions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, unless you really really really want to go to stanford (and believe me, I know how that feels, it was my ED for Undergrad) I would easily go to one of the schools you got in. Theres really no difference between 1-10, except for geographical location. If you wanna be in CA, USC/Berkely would be fine. Everyone learns the same stuff at every law school, especialy the first half of law school.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that, but the average Joe couldn't tell you where Berkeley is. Harvard, Yale, and Stanford I think do stand out a bit from the rest. My reasons for Stanford are that it's in CA, it's ranked high, and they have a Copyright and Fair Use center.

[ QUOTE ]
The difference between 1-10 is less than penis waving ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of use need all the help we can get. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much all those people get offered teh same jobs, for you the interview/work experiance (and I think you're vastly ahead of most of your peers in work experiance, from your posts) will be the deciding factors. If a harvard guy and a Berkely guy get interviewed at the same place, I really doubt the harvard guy has any real edge, and I think your work experiance would far outweigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right for the most part. If my goal was only to be an attorney, have secure income, and live comfortably, I could go to Baylor almost for free, or Notre Dame for about half the cost. Better schools mean more options, though. If I want to teach or become a judge or something like that, rank, even within the top 10, means a lot more. If I'm gonna pay $8059830853085, I'm gonna do it at the best place I can get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that, except the Berekely thing, I think the avg joe knows about USC and Berekely. I mean if its not a big deal for you to put it off for a year, go ahead, but I'd go to any of those schools you mentioned (I'd rather be at Berekely, and then USC tho) in a heartbeat. But then again, I'm not in the same "class" as you.

Heh, putting off going to law school isn't a terrible thing either. It's kinda hard.

Incidently, what was your Undergrad, I think you've said it on here before.