View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Definition and Recommendation for No-Limit Hold \'em

i'm not sure what you're asking matt, so i will just lend a few thoughts on bankroll management. it's dawning on me that my bankroll management skills are bad, fortunately i've been a good enough player in the past so i didn't run into trouble. i've set rules for myself a few times like "okay i lost X dollars at this stake now its time to drop down until i win it back at low stakes" but every single time i break it and fast too. the problem is that hard and fast rules don't make sense, if there is a good game at higher stakes, or i feel like i'm goign to play good poker i can't make myself stay at lower stakes.

better than that would be to evaluate the situations as they come along honestly, but this is notoriously hard to do. your advice to take a day off after losing some money... that advice comes up all the time but i disagree. after i lost a lot of money the only way to reverse that Tilt mindset for me is to use willpower and start winning again. taking more days off just lets me get rusty and suffer more days in the midst of a downturn not an upturn.

i think you put it very well when you called bankroll management Pain Management, the way i do it i surely go through a lot of pain but i am greedy and can't help myself. plus my life style and being so young allows me flexibility