View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who doesn't try and fight the guy because she hit first? I hate double standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree that her hitting first means she got what she asked for. The guy's still a jerk though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] there are some disgusting views expressed in this thread, and others like it on 2+2 in general.

The facts as they are presented in OP: -animosity exists between guy and girl who are staring each other down.
-the guy, approximately 6'2" and 210 lbs, approaches the girl.
-she slaps him.
-he hits her with full force in the face and knocks her to the ground.
-he appears to contemplate kicking the crap out of her while she's on the ground.

Now, granted, there are a select few sets of cirumstances where the guy's actions might have been, if not excusable, somewhat understandable. Maybe she set about hitting on some raw nerve with him and he just snapped. It's possible. I think there's a far larger set of circumstances that involve the guy being a huge douchebag who likes to exercise the physical dominance he has over his woman, but you know, in principle it is at least possible that his actions are not deserving of blanket condemnation.

What is so horrid, though, is that there are people who think that because she supposedly innitiated it with a slap (even though OP states that she slapped him after he stepped towards her), that the guy is justified to respond by beating her down. It really is just sickening hearing that sentiment expressed.

By the way, jlocdog, I think you handled it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the guy's behavior was remotely excusable, I was just saying that I don't have much sympathy for women who hit guys. I did very clearly say, "The guy's still a jerk though." Another way to phrase what I said would be, "Her behavior doesn't make me feel much sympathy, but the guy's behavior is inexcusable regardless."

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you don't know if the guy is a jerk, or if she deserved it, but you assume that he didn't ask for a slap, and say that a punch is an appropriate reaction.