Thread: teach me 6max
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: teach me 6max

The Repop here preflop is terrible for the follwing reasons:
1. By potting UTG, you know UTG has a strong hand with either a double suited rundown hand, rundown hand, or maybe a ss AAxx type hand. It depends on the opponent, but there's not a ton of people who pot UTG with COMPLETE air.

2. If he repots preflop, you fold? correct? Then why put out a blind bet pre without getting to reevaluate the flop and your draw?

3. If he flat calls preflop, what type of range do you put him on? He could easily be playing rundowns like 5678,5678os even. Now you're stuck with a sticky situation out of position against a scary board. You've clearly repped AAxx and now with a board like this, even if you're winning, he can easily scare you off this hand by potting the flop.

As played, either 2/3 pot and fold to a reraise or check fold. Try not to reraise here with marginal hands like that. You'll find yourself making very difficult plays after the flop, donating to TAG players AND even LAG players. Come to think of it, there is NO positive impact from this reraise unless he folds, which is totally player dependant, but I try not to take shots at people preflop. Omaha is a flop game, not a preflop game like holdem. PM me if you wanna talk more about this. Gl [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]