Thread: 1-2NL Bankroll
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: 1-2NL Bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
If the max buyin is $200 and you buyin for the max, then $2500 should be more than enough, considering you're a good player. If you're lossy goosey and like to play a lot of hands, even for raises then you'll need more that a tight player

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is B&M I'm assuming you'll only be using your BR for live play, which is absolutely horrific at 1/2 NL. It's been said in other threads, but I literally think a 6-max $50NL table on Pokerstars is tougher than a FR live 1/2 NL game anywhere, given that just about everyone online these days is playing good TAG poker and using PT/PAHUD.

As you start out building your roll, playing good smart TAG positional poker to start with, 10 buy-ins should be plenty. Then you could open up your game a bit and become more LAG and tricky. I'd really master 1/2 and build your roll to >$15k before settling in to 2/5 though, competition is a lot better there.

Given how bad the play was in Vegas 2 weeks ago at 1/2 on my vacation, you should be able to get there pretty quickly!