View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: archived thread on 3 betting from sb

i played at the AP games at the time (and still sortve do). the games on there are much more passive than say, FTP/stars. players are generally worse as well, and i can get away with making a few more plays/etc that would not work at FTP/stars against some of the better regs.

the AP games are an entirely different dynamic than others because of the 200bbs (and the weaker player base). on stars and the like, shallower (100bb stacks) makes 3-bet pots much easier to play (imo) because very rarely will you get to the river action. (ie. players will be AI on the turn in rr-ed pots). when playing 200bb stacks, you sortve want to exercise some sort of pot control when OOP and you can get away with calling more often than 3-betting (though 3-betting is also fine).

in the 100bb games, 3-betting pps and the like was fine for me, since you often are facing a TAG btn. you won't typically get paid in a regular raised pot if you just flat pf with pp and hit a set, you won't be the aggressor and you will often have to c/f many flops (debatable, you can obviously c/r alot as well). 3-betting allows you to take the intiative and disguise your hand a bit.

calling is obviously fine as well, its important to recognize your opponents though and see what they are capable of. you can also dump as well, if you don't think that either 3-betting or calling are profitable.